Director, Research & Development
Dual Code Inc., headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, is a leading developer of cloud-based eLearning solutions. We design, develop and host Learning Management Systems and Web conferencing systems for healthcare organizations looking to outsource or co-source their eLearning program.
Dual Code was recognized as one of Canada's most promising companies, one of Ottawa's fastest growing companies, and is the eLearning platform of choice for more than half of Canada's largest research hospitals, with more than 350,000 healthcare professionals active in our network.
We are currently looking for a Director of Research & Development to play a key role in the growth of our company through enhancements of our current platform and innovation of new technologies. The position requires partnership with cross-functional teams in roadmap development, product management, and cloud infrastructure. The Director will manage a team comprised of Computer Science Engineers, Quality Assurance Experts, and Client and Implementation Specialists. He/she will report directly to the President & CEO.
- Lead our Product Development, Quality Assurance, and Client and Implementation Services teams
- Partner with other cross-functional stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction, operational and financial goals
- Routinely interact with customers, strategic partners and investors
- Source new talent, guide and develop the team, introduce new processes, tools and functions to enhancing service delivery, and build an execution focused culture
- Provide valuation and technical insight on external product offerings for integration to our platform
- Oversee and apply for government incentive programs such as SR&ED and IRAP to fund development activities
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience managing product development and professional services teams
- 10+ years of experience engaging directly with clients, partners and/or investors
- 5+ years of experience working for a SaaS provider
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud-computing platforms including Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years of experience overseeing government incentive programs such as SR&ED and IRAP
- Strong business acumen, communication and presentation skills with ability to interact at all levels/functions of an organization
- Excellent project management skills and proven track record of delivering products on time and within budget
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment in a growing industry
Preferred Skills & Experience
The following skills and experience are an asset that would make you stand out but not required to apply for this position.
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience in eLearning
- Bilingual (English and French)
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Software or System preferred)
- Graduate degree such as an MBA, a Master’s or a PhD is preferred.
What We Offer
- Opportunity for professional growth in a fast-growing company succeeding in one of the world's fastest growing industries
- Strong team environment
- Comprehensive benefit package
How to Apply
If you feel that you can make a difference at Dual Code, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications by telephone are not accepted. Only persons considered to be strong candidates will be contacted for interviews.