Dual Code Inc., headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, is a leading developer of eLearning solutions. We design, develop and host Learning Management Systems, Web conferencing systems, and eLearning courses for organizations looking to outsource or co-source their eLearning program.
Dual Code was recognized as one of the fastest growing startups in Ottawa at the 2011 & 2013 Bootstrap Awards, and named one of Canada's most promising companies at the 2013 Digi Awards.
We are currently looking for a Moodle Developer with strong design and development skills. Upon completion of our new hire training program, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing new features for our hosted learning management system working in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP). The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure Dual Code’s learning environment solution remains at the forefront of the industry.
- Technical design and implementation of new applications and software modules for Moodle
- Integration of Moodle with OSS/BSS systems
- Ongoing updates and upgrades to our video conferencing and learning management systems
- Play a role in supporting remote systems administrators
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ year of experience developing for Moodle
- 2+ years of experience developing software in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL)
- Understanding of GPL and other open-source licensing models
- Experience with verification and quality assurance processes and methodologies
- Proven ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in eLearning
- Experience with a cloud-based environment
- Experience with Git and NetBeans
- Experience with Kendo, jQuery and YUI
- Bilingual (English and French)
Education and Certifications
University or college degree in Engineering or Computer Science
How to Apply
If you feel that you can make a difference at Dual Code, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that applications by telephone are not accepted. Only persons considered to be strong candidates will be contacted for interviews.