Senior or Intermediate Software Developer
Dual Code Inc., headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, is a leading developer of eLearning solutions. We design, develop and host Learning Management Systems, Web conferencing systems, and eLearning courses for organizations looking to outsource or co-source their eLearning program.
Dual Code was recognized as one of the fastest growing startups in Ottawa at the 2011 & 2013 Bootstrap Awards, named one of Canada's most promising companies at the 2013 Digi Awards, and one of the fastest growng companies in Ottawa in 2015.
We are currently looking for a Senior or Intermediate Software Developer with strong design and development skills. Upon completion of our new hire training program, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing new features for our hosted applications working in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP). The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure Dual Code’s learning environment solution remains at the forefront of the industry.
- Architectural design of our learning environment
- Technical design and implementation of new applications and software modules
- Integration of our learning environment with OSS/BSS systems
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience developing software in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL)
- Excellent software design skills
- Understanding of GPL and other open-source licensing models
- Experience with verification and quality assurance processes and methodologies
- Proven ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in eLearning
- Experience with Moodle and/or other learning management systems
- Experience with a cloud-based environment
- Experience with Git and NetBeans
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
How to Apply
If you feel that you can make a difference at Dual Code, please send your resume to email@example.com .
Please note that applications by telephone are not accepted. Only persons considered to be strong candidates will be contacted for interviews.